Mushroom Coconut Recipe
A simple and easy veg side dish with Mushroom and Coconut which goes well with Rice, Roti or Chapathi.
Write a review
- 1. Mushrooms - 500 gms (chopped)
- 2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
- 3. Dried Red Chillies - 3 nos. (each torn into 1/2" pieces)
- 4. Onions - 2 nos. (chopped into fine pieces)
- 5. Green Chillies - 1 no. (chopped into fine pieces)
- 6. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- 7. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp.
- 8. Kashmiri Chilly powder - 1 tsp.
- 9. Coriander powder - 1 tsp.
- 10. Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp.
- 11. Grated coconut - 1 cup
- 12. Oil
- 13. Salt
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan.
- Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add dried red chilies and fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for 5 mins till the onion turns light brown.
- Add the above mentioned spice powders (7 to 10) and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and mix it till the masala is evenly coated on the mushrooms. Add required salt and saute. Cook without covering and mix till the water evaporates.
- Add grated coconut and saute for 3 – 4 minutes till it is completely dry.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve.
- You may skip the chilly powder and increase the quantity of green chillies to adjust the spice. In the above recipe, I have used both green chilly and kashmiri chilly powder.
RJ Heart & Soul https://rjheartnsoul.com/